What other people say about your business matters more than you think, especially if several people are talking about it. When used correctly, testimonies and product reviews can be a great tool in convincing your viewers to make the purchase.
Believe it or not, more than 70% of consumers admit that they check the customer reviews of a product before they purchase an item from a store, while 63% of consumers say that they are more inclined to buy a product from a website with a high customer rating than from another shop that sells the same product at a cheaper price but with a low customer satisfaction rating.
Given these pieces of information, we have social evidence that hesitant shoppers are reassured and driven to buy products from an online store if they are provided with further details to buy from you.
In addition to that, they have an inkling as to what they should expect or why they should be satisfied with their purchase—because other people are and they can enumerate reasons why.
Acquiring positive feedback is within your reach with the right kind of approach. This is why we’re here. In this article, we will talk about the importance of good reviews on Amazon, and the 7 proven steps that will get you closer to winning your potential buyers over through ratings.
Importance of Amazon Reviews
The future of e-commerce is constantly changing as newer features are being developed and introduced to an ever-evolving target market. This is why knowing your market is a significant step to business success; you need to align your business expertise and brand solutions with your current market’s principles and values.
You may be selling the right kind of product but to the wrong audience and at the wrong time, and vice versa. There’s no other way to understand the demographics and interests of your target market but to grasp their behavior before, during, and after the purchase stage.
The problem with most businesses nowadays is that they tend to underestimate feedback after the product delivery. We’re here to change this point of view. Here are the three main reasons why reviews are important in the direction of all Amazon businesses:
- Good reviews will influence the buying decisions of other potential customers who are simply viewing your shop. When other people read about good reviews that manifest as a form of customer recommendation, they are more likely to feel curious and buy your products to see for themselves. Also, keep in mind that humans are storytellers by nature, so any personal narrative with an image or video for proof will condition other viewers to regard the customer review as true.
- Good reviews will showcase what people look forward to and what they are actually saying about your brand or products. Oftentimes, the key to knowing what your target market wants is in the reviews section; all you need to do is listen and respond professionally. Once you have data on the interests of your consumers, you may either apply this to improve your current roster of products or ground your next product release to these insights and values. Always aim for that 5-star rating, and use the thoughts of real-life consumers for hints to further your business movement.
Good reviews provide your product or Amazon shop with an opportunity to gain visibility. Algorithms affect the probability of your products or shop being noticed by countless potential customers. Remember that a higher community engagement rating equates to ranking up the search engine results—in the long run, this will reinforce the credibility and legitimacy of your brand, which is why it’s an advantage if more people talk about your products in the customer reviews. To make the most out of the positive community engagement, don’t forget to link your social media posts to your Amazon store handle. At the end of the day, brand awareness and visibility will largely benefit your business in the marketing industry because customers know what your business is all about and your products are accessible for purchase.
7 Steps to Boosting Your Amazon Reviews
Now that you see why it is essential for your Amazon business to aim for positive customer reviews and how this will significantly impact your business for the better, let’s take a closer look at the methods to work on this. If you’re ready to establish a sense of trust through meaningful social proof in the form of good testimonies, below are seven quick and easy steps to boost your Amazon reviews this 2021:
- Position your reviews on the front and center of your Amazon homepage, and choose the best reviews about your brand or product. When exhibiting reviews on the homepage, don’t forget to add the name and picture of the client to add authenticity.
- Have business pages outside the ecommerce website to be where your target customers are. The best sites to aim for are within the social media framework (e.g., Facebook and Instagram), so try to get more reviews from these platforms and redirect the traffic to your store.
- Send a follow-up email to your previous clients by requesting that they review your products, brand, and services. This email can be sent in the form of a newsletter.
- Encourage former clients to submit a review by rewarding them with discounts, giveaway bundles, or one-time deals if they purchase through the clickable link you provide. The redeemable rewards should be worth their time and effort.
- Contact both users that left good and bad reviews on your shop. You need to exhibit social listening to grasp constructive feedback that will end common issues among clients and better your products and services in the future. Try your best to make up for these lapses and establish a damage control procedure, otherwise, you’ll be needing an Amazon suspension appeal for too many negative reviews.
- Make your clients feel valued and appreciated by sending a personalized thank you note or message. This not only acknowledges their purchase but serves as a gesture of professionalism that can fuel your client’s drive to send positive customer feedback.
- Run an easy-to-join contest online that will boost your community engagement. The mechanics of your contest should include tagging other users and seeing them share their experiences or ideas which are relevant to your brand. Let the winning prize be a product of yours (similar to a “social media page like” campaign). At the end of the day, this benefits your business since more people will follow your web and social media pages and interact with your other advertisement materials.
There are certainly many ways to obtain positive feedback from customers if we extend a helping hand and run the extra mile. Although it might be difficult at first, remember that increasing your client base and getting feedback are correlated. The more you work on increasing your positive feedback, the larger your audience will grow, and the more likely people will leave reviews.
Did you learn anything new from this article? What other tips do you suggest to get more positive Amazon reviews? Let us know what you think by sharing your thoughts in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you!
Jayce is the managing director of Seller Interactive, an Amazon advertising agency committed to building brands on Amazon. His content marketing expertise has led him to work with brands such as Toyota and GoDaddy, producing content that has reached over 20M views in a month. He is ready to assist D2C brands by offering services in Amazon suspension to PPC management.